The EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) came into effect on May 25th of
2018, which is why we have compiled information to the members of the Guild of
Architecture as well as for the people attending the events we are organising of how the
personal information is being processed and handled.
The Guild has the following registers:
1. The Membership register PDF: Privacy Notice – Membership register of Aalto-yliopiston Arkkitehtikilta ry (The Guild of Architecture)
2. The Event sign-up register PDF: Privacy Notice – event sign-up register of Aalto-yliopiston Arkkitehtikilta ry (The Guild of Architecture)
3. The Guild Active register PDF: Privacy Notice – the Guild Active register of Aalto-yliopiston Arkkitehtikilta ry (The Guild of Architecture)
4. The Guild Board members and Guild Actives contact information register
Privacy Notice – Membership register of Aalto-yliopiston Arkkitehtikilta ry (The Guild of Architecture)
Latest update 2.6.2023.
1. Controller of the register
Aalto-yliopiston Arkkitehtikilta ry (The Guild of Architecture), Otakaari 1 X, 02150 Espoo
2. Person in charge of the register
Head of Spaces and Cabin (2023) of the Guild of Architecture Katri Halkonen, majavastaava(at)arkkitehtikilta.fi
3. Name of the register
Membership register of Aalto-yliopiston Arkkitehtikilta ry (The Guild of Architecture)
4. Legal basis and the purpose of gathering personal information
The legal basis for gathering personal information, complying with the EU GDPR, is the
legitimate interest of the controller of the register. The purpose of gathering personal information is the maintenance of a member
register, required by the Associations Act (503/1989), and keeping the contact information of the members of the Guild up to date.
5. Information in the register
The register will contain the following information:
o Full Name
o Membership of AYY – Aalto University Student Union
o Email address
o Subscription of the mailing lists
The information in the register does not store information about non Guild members,
and the information will be deleted immediately if the membership is terminated.
6. Regular sources of information
The information stored in the register is obtained from the members who have joined
the association already by email application or by written application. In addition,
information is also received from the Aalto University Student Union about the
members who have paid the membership fee at the same time as the semester fee.
7. Handing over information and transferring information outside of the EU or the EEA
The information is not to be handed over or stored outside the European Union or the European Economic Area.
8. Principles of protecting the register
The register is handled carefully. The information is stored only in electronic format, in trustworthy servers operated by third parties, which complies with the EU GDPR. The information is only available to authorized persons of the Guild of Architecture. The controller of the register will ensure that access to the register is only limited to the appropriate individuals.
9. Right to check and request for corrections in the information
Each member who is in the register has the right to check their information that has
been saved in the register and demand for corrections if any information is incorrect or
missing. If the person wishes to see the information the register has on them or
requests for a correction, the request must be sent to the controller of the register in
writing. The controller of the register can ask the sender of the request to verify their
identity or to specify the request. The controller of the register will answer the
requesting party within the time limit specified by the GDPR (primarily within one
10. Retention period of the information in the register
Only the data of the members of the Guild of Architecture are stored in the register. The
data of persons who have resigned or been expelled from the association shall be
removed from the register within a reasonable time, not later than one month after the
decision to resign or be expelled.